The Emirates of Ajman
Located on the western coast of United Arab Emirates was formed by the Al Nuaim tribe, well known for their bravery, courage and
wisdom who migrated to this region from Oman around 1775. The economy of Ajman in the past was mainly based on its strong maritime tradition – fishing and trade, though the wise Rulers always encouraged various other allied activities such as shipbuilding,
pearl diving and trading.
Its dhow building yard is the largest in the Emirates and continues to operate despite being dwarfed by modern developments such as the major dockyard. The modern era in Ajman began with H.H. Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Humaid Al Nuaimi who initiated various structural changes in the administrative network introducing scientific methodology. He played a pivotal role in the formation of the Federation of the
The implementation of all his ideas were left to the then Crown Prince H.H. Sheikh HumaidBinRashidAlNuaimi who succeeded his father in 1981 assuming full charge of the transformation of Ajman to a modern emirate, well equipped with all the necessary facilities and services.
Today, Ajman is witnessing a flurry of construction activities in the industrial areas, the port and Al Zawra, which is an indication
and reflection of spectacular economic growth in the emirate. Despite the absence of oil, Ajman continues to develop its infrastructure and broaden its economic base.
Beginning of A New Era
Ajman Free Zone, established in 1988, was granted autonomous status under the Amiri decree no. 3 of 1996 issued by H.H. Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, Ruler of Ajman. Ajman Free Zone Authority has been named as the sole regulatory agency for Free
Zone in the Emirate.
The formation of the Free Zone Authority in 1996 has given great impetus to industrial activity in the Free Zone which has resulted in quadruple growth in the number of companies during the last few years. Ajman Free Zone with its package of unbeatable advantages is widely recognised as entrepreneurs’ haven today. A massive multi-million Dirhams development plan on over a million square metre area is under progress at the Free Zone, which on completion will be able to accommodate 1500 companies.
Strategically situated at the entrance of the Arabian Gulf, Ajman Free Zone is well placed to serve the eastern and western markets.
Ajman’s proximity to Sharjah and Dubai provides easy accessibility to the two international airports and four ports.
Ajman Port, serving over 1000 vessels in a year, has emerged as an important maritime focal point today. It has twelve berths. A massive development plan for Ajman Ports, under progress.
- The main economic factors of Ajman projecting itself as the Investors’ haven are:
- Strategic and central location with easy access to Dubai, Sharjah and Ras al-Khaima
- Free Zone advantage
- Ready/easy availability of raw material
- Competitive handling charges
- Lower prices of land and office rents
- Low cost of living
- Conducive business environment
- Modern infrastructure
- No requirement of renting an office or industrial premises.
- No trading within the UAE.
- No registration in Chamber of Commerce
- No residence visa for founders and directors. Shareholders and/or directors of an Ajman Offshore are not automatically eligible to obtain a UAE residence visa from the offshore company opened.
Join The Fastest Growing Free Zone
in United Arab Emirates
- Type of Company: Offshore / IBC
- Political Stability: Excellent
- Type of law: Federal / Common
- Disclosure of Beneficial Owner: No
- Migration of Domicile Permitted: No
- Corporate taxation: Nil
- Language of name: Arabic or English
- Minimum Number of Shareholders: 1
- Minimum Number of Directors: 1
- Corporate Directors Permitted: No
- Minimum Usual Authorised Capital: AED 1000/-
- Fully Paid: Yes
- Local Partner: No
- Registered Office: Yes
- Local Directors: No
- Local Meetings: No
- Government Register of Directors: Yes
- Government Register of Shareholders: Yes
- Local Auditor: No
- Annual Requirements: No
- Annual Return: No
- Submit Accounts: No
- A passport copy
- Original bank reference letter
- Proof of residence
As a registered agent, we can incorporate the company on behalf of the owner without any requirement for the owner to visit U AE in person.