The Emirates of Umm Al Quwain
The vibrant land of myriad opportunities
Umm Al Quwain is an emirate between Ajman and Ra’s al Khaymah on the West coast of the United Arab Emirates. Umm al-Quwain is the least populous of the seven sovereign emirates in the United Arab Emirates, located in the north of the country which covers an area of 800 square kilometres and stretches from the beautiful, lush green coastal mangroves lining the shores of the Persian Gulf, inland across the rolling sand dunes to the fertile oasis surrounding Falaj Al Moalla.
The name Umm Al Quwain is derived from Umm Al Quwatain, which means “Mother of two powers”, a reference to the powerful seafaring tradition of this emirate. The modern history of Umm Al Quwain dates back some 200 years when the Al Ali tribe moved their capital from Al Sinniyah Island to its present location in the mid 18th century, when the sweet water supply dried up.
As law is strict in the entire UAE, don’t do anything which could harm anyone or is offensive. Never drive without a driving license. And never over-speed your vehicle as the roads are being controlled by radars. As Umm Al Quwain is a Muslim city, don’t eat/drink in public in the holy month of Ramadan.
Also, appropriate clothing must be worn at all times anywhere in the UAE. You don’t want to attract unwanted attention.
The emirate is ruled by Saud bin Rashid Al Mu’alla.
Begining of A New Era
UAQ FTZ – Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone. Umm Al Quwain offers a great working environment in the perfect location at very affordable rates where you can both work and live. We extend our warm welcome to be part of our success by establishing your company in the UAQ FTZ and enjoy the highest quality of services and incentives.
Please find below the incentives and benefits offered by UAQFTZ:
UAQ FTZ is the Free Zone of the future, where progressive companies – regardless of the sector in which they operate – can enjoy doing business in a safe, secure and
prosperous environment. Situated close to the UAE’s primary sea ports and within 45 minutes’ drive from Dubai International Airport and Sharjah International Airport, UAQ FTZ is the perfect location to position any business within easy access to the restof the world.
UAQ FTZ offers flexibility and ease of doing business, customer-friendly approach, Investor-friendly climate, excellent growth opportunities, cost-effective leasing options for office space, land and warehousing.
The main economic factors of UAQFTZ are:
- Simple and fast registration process with excellent customer support
- Hi-tech facilities including office, warehouse and land availability
- Strategic location with access to over two billion consumers
- Ideal location for SMEs and micro-businesses
- Close to two international airports and major seaports
- Special concessions at UAQ’s seaport
- 100% corporate tax exemption
- 100% personal income tax exemption
- 100% import & export tax exemption
- 100% foreign company ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- No currency restrictions
Join the Free Zone of the Future
in United Arab Emirates
UAQ Trade Free Zone
- Type of Company: Free Zone Company Limited By Shares
- Political Stability: Excellent
- Type of law: Federal / Sharia
- Disclosure of Beneficial Owner: No
- Migration of Domicile Permitted: No
- Corporate taxation: Nil
- Language of name: Arabic or English
- Minimum Number of Shareholders: 1
- Minimum Number of Directors: 1
- Corporate Directors Permitted: No
- Minimum Usual Authorised Capital: AED 300,000/-
- Fully Paid: No
- Local Partner: No
- Registered Office: Yes
- Local Directors: No
- Local Meetings: No
- Government Register of Directors: Yes
- Government Register of Shareholders: Yes
- Local Auditor: No
- Annual Requirements: No
- Annual Return: No
- Submit Accounts: No
- A passport copy
- A colour photograph with white background
- Proof of address in English
Ownerhastovisit to complete incorporation UAE process. Should the owner decide not to visit UAE for incorporation of the company, legal power of attorney is required in order to complete the incorporation.